Captain Mike

on Sunday, April 28, 2013
You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go.

Yeah, quite contrary to the previous post, this seems to be another galau post. But actually no, it's just something I want to share.

I think one of the most important thing that every one should do is make peace with themselves. Some may say "be true to yourself", well that's just the same.

Naturally I'm a competitive person. I see others' success as a challenge for me to accomplish more. I may see others' happiness in envy, and sometimes I found it hard to feel happy for other.

That sound very mean, isn't it? I thought so too.
I keep asking why can't I just be thankful for what I have and be truly happy for my frbrriends?
They have their own battles and struggles and I have mine. They've been through a lot as well as I did. So why, Georgine?

I took the quote above form Benjamin Button movie. I really like the phrase that in the end, you just have to let go. I see this as a message that I have to make peace with myself.
I have to learn to accept who I am, accept all my mistakes and my bad side, and I have to learn to be true to myself.

If I respect my decisions and my bad sides, I think I'll be ready to change to the better me. The better Georgine.
I think I also like to apologize to my friends if I've been given them a rather cold response when they share their happiness. I'm still trying to figure out myself.

1 comments:

Nadya Regina Pryana said...

Everyone has their own battle in life and this might be yours. Happy dealing with it. :)