The Hair Chronicle Part 3: Buns, or in Indonesian: Konde

on Sunday, May 26, 2013

See that pic?
That's me in the middle with my friends at the graduation party on February 9th.

See the make up?
That's a work of one full hour at the salon earlier in the morning. The day before was even more hectic.

Inside those oven-hot-robe-called-'toga' were a green kebaya encim matched with the green 'sarung':

There's a funny story behind this all hectic preparation.

The day before grad day, I spend almost all day searching through 4 malls for Make Up Forever counter. I drove through SMS, Mall Alam Sutera, and Lippo Karawaci before finally found the lipstick (with that particular brand -__-) that I was looking for at PIM.

So while the clerk was putting on the lipstick on my lips, she start suggesting for another color and another type.

Clerk: "Coba yang ini deh, Mbak. Ini warnanya bagus dan waterproof."

Me: "Oh...okay."

*the clerk put the waterproof lipstick with a burning red color on my lips*

Clerk: "Oiya, ini juga kiss-proof loh, Mbak...."

Me: "..........ha-ha-ha."

Clerk: "Ih, malah ketawa mbaknya..."

Well mbak, first you might need to find someone I could kiss before suggesting me that lipstick. Pfff.... #bukancurhat

Anyway, the graduation party was....HOT! Literally HOT. Not sexy-hot but HOT as in hell!
So the ceremony began with the MC calling out each faculty while the graduates entered balairung.

After each faculty were inside balairung, it's time for the deans and the officials of the university to enter into balairung while the colaboration of UI's choir 'Paragita' and UI's orchestra 'Mahawaditra' played the famous song: Gaudeamus Igitur.

Gaudeamus igitur, iuvenes dum sumus
Gaudeamus igitur, iuvenes dum sumus
Post iucundam iuventutem
Post molestam senectutem
Nos habebit humus, nos habebit humus.

Vivat academia, vivant professores
Vivat academia, vivant professores
Vivat membrum quodlibet
Vivant membra quaelibet
Semper sint in flore, semper sint in flore.

Personally those were the most emotional moments for me. I remember singing Gaudeamus Igitur as a first year student while watching my seniors wearing their toga.

And now I was the seniors graduating while my juniors singing me the very same song. I must say I teared up a bit.

The process continued with another agenda like prayers, etc., then it's time for each faculty's best GPA to came forth and received a certificate from the Rector.

.......wait. We don't have a rector yet. Ah yes, it was the Temporary Rector.

We were the fifth faculty to be called to received the certificate, and the seniors were already informed us through a message that we shall sing our faculty's song and jargon while our representatives came forth. And so it was...

MC: "FAKULTAS HUKUM!"

One of my senior STOOD ON HIS CHAIR, turned back to us, put his fist up in the air, then scream: 

"MERAAAAH!!!"

So we answered the call with our song:

FHUI nan jaya fakultas kami tercinta,
FHUI jaya!
Merah darah warnanya tanda satria jiwanya,
Dalam membela bangsa!

The he screamed again:

"KUNIIIING!!!"

Our answer:

We gotta go, go, Hukum go!
We gotta fight, fight, Hukum fight!
We gotta win, win, Hukum win!
Go go, fight fight, win win, YES!!


Apparently we were quite an inspiration so afterward the rest of the faculties start to sing their songs and jargons when their representatives come forth.

So that was my graduation party. There's still another agenda afterward but I don't really remember how it was. Me and parent drove back home immediately since I had a choir rehearsal and my mom's gotta see my grandpa who was checked back to the hospital.



Saturday, 9th February 2013.
A date I shall never forget.

0 comments: