Hmm....i don't know actually.

on Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Like the title, I really don't know about my feeling right now. I was just coming home from my guitar lesson, where I met my new teacher. He's a pro guitarist, and he went to a music school in UPH. Let's give him a name.....Ted. Why? Because he's a little fat and he has a round face. The first creature that came up to my mind was a teddy bear, sooo let's just call him so.

Okay. This is the first time I met Ted. My previous teacher was Lia, and because of some reason, the big boss change my teacher to him. If you still remember about my older posts, you will find a description about my boss' pro guitar student, who played the god-song LA CATHEDRAL at the gathering night.

And I think he's the only person who can play that song....except for the arranger AND of course...the boss himself.
That song was.....I don't know. From scale 1 to 10, the level of the song is 9. So it's like VERY HARD with many slurs and complicated finger position.

I admire him, of course. He looks like a guitar god to me. The first time I knew that he was going to be my teacher, I was TOTALLY surprised and I don't know how to prepare myself to meet him.

Untill it happened. Today.
I was trying to play the song ADELITA as good as I can, but thanks to my nervous feeling, my hand started to get wet--which is TROUBLE--and I couldn't play anyting right. I was just finished playing the first line, when he stopped me and started to commenting everyting.

And I mean EVERYTHING.

Looks like he doubted my guitar skill, because he asked to repeat the basic skill like the very-easy-type of slurs and apoyando--a right hand style to play the strings.

Okay, that's not even made me better. WORST! I couldn't play anything right then, thanks to TED. I was completely embarrased, esp when he asked me: "How long have you been learning here, Gebi?"

Shit.

The lesson ended with a homework from him. He told me to just play BOUREE truly and without mistakes because it's a BAROQUE song. He said: "Let's forget about Adelita. Just learn that Bouree."

Shit.

So I think I have made a very good image with him. Nice, Georgine. Very nice, even.


Back to the real world.
I came home with a messy feeling, didn't know what I should really feel right now. My mom just came home and asked me her favourite question:

"Gebi...why don't you go and study some math?"

Shit.

I have this blank feeling--just like now, and this is kinda not good, because every single 'touch' of any emotion will FILL ME directly, and that emotion will lasts for a long time. And thanks to my mother's vancy question, now I'm bored. Well, not totally bored actually. I'm still blank.

Great. Yessica is just getting online. Now I can't chat with her, thanks to my MOM's vancy question.

In dreams, there's no such word 'impossible'.

0 comments: